In 1913, citizens of Chauncey realized the need for an expanded curriculum and a well-equipped school building.
In response, a City of Chauncey Chamber of Commerce was organized and preceded with the task of encouraging citizens to support a bond issue to raise ten thousand dollars for the construction of a new school. Four acres of land were donated, the bond issue passed and the present majestic federal-style two story building was erected. The front of the building features four large columns flanking the entrance and has twenty-six large windows. Double doors with a transom lead into the foyer. Side rooms are presently being used by the city as its city hall. In the back of the downstairs is a large meeting room with restrooms and area for food service. A winding staircase on either side of the foyer leads to the second story of the building.
[Full Story »]